The Department offers students an opportunity to test out and gain credit for CSC199
Introduction to Information Technology. This is useful for students who are already well-versed in the Microsoft Office Suite. The exam is timed and consists of 5 components - Concepts, MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Access and MS-PowerPoint. The list of topics can be downloaded from the links on the right. You may review the topics by going to Blackboard
, click on "course catalog", find "Computer Science and Information Systems" and click on the "preview" button beside any of the CSC199
Introduction to Information Technology Lab courses.
Once in, select Lecture Information
to preview the material. The list of topics is available at the bottom of this page (doc)
The fee for this is $15, payable in advance at Sparks Hall. You must also purchase an access code from the bookstore for $10-15. This code is for one-time use only.
Starting Fall 2007, the exams will be offered in Office 2007 .
The entire exam is delivered electronically. For now, exams are administered as needed. Please see the Director of the CUBA office to schedule yours. In order to qualify, you
- must have the pre-requisite for the course (completed MAT117 or above or ACT Math score of at least 20)
- must be currently enrolled at Murray State University
- cannot use it to repeat a failed course
- cannot use it to replace a failing course grade
- cannot take it while enrolled in CSC199 Introduction to Information Technology
- cannot use it for graduate credit
- must know what course it is to replace (if applicable)
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact the Center for Undergraduate Business Advising